Your Jamaican drivers licence expires every 5 yrs on your birthday. You can renew it up to 30 days before it expires. Jamaican’s residing in the Cayman Islands can renew their Jamaican drivers licence whilst residing overseas.
A Consular Officer will sign and affix the stamp/seal to certify all documents.
- Submit original Jamaican drivers licence
- Complete F7 Application Form – to be signed by the applicant in front of a Consular Officer. Click here to download the form.
- Passport photographs – applicant must submit two (2) passport photographs, less than 6 months old.
- One (1) of the photographs will be certified by the Consular Officer.
- Letter of Authorization - the licensee must delegate a person in Jamaica to transact business on their behalf.
- Government issued ID – applicant must present a valid Government ID e.g. passport
Certification Cost: CI $25.00
At Jamaican Consulate
- Submission of documents at Consulate (listed above) – ALL documents to be submitted at Consulate
- Certification - form, photo & letter will be certified by Consular officer
- Applicant to send completed, certified documents, photographs and letter to authorized person in Jamaica
- Authorized person - to take Letter of Authorization to Stamp Duty & Transfer Office for stamping
- Cost to stamp letter - JAD $500
- Submission – within 14 days, take stamped Authorization letter to any Tax Revenue Service Centers (RSC) as the physical licence will be produced at these locations
- Renewal fees:
- PRIVATE LICENCE - JAD$5,400
- GENERAL LICENCE – JAD$7,200
(RSC) Processing time: Same day service (see locations below)
- King Street Revenue Center
- St Andrew Revenue Centre
- Mandeville Revenue Centre
- Montego Bay Revenue Centre